Family portraits - studio and location photography for all size families in Leicester and Nottingham
We offer premium portrait photography for families of all sizes in Leicester, Nottingham, Rutland and the Vale of Belvoir. We can cater for large families (including pets) in our studio, and even larger on location. With years of professional experience with all families of all ages, we have the knowledge and expertise to take beautiful images that capture the fun and feel of a family that you’ll treasure for a lifetime.
The session will last approximately one and a half hours plus, more for a location shoot. This allows time for us to get to know you and your child/children and get familiar with the surroundings. We advise where possible, you visit the studio before the shoot to look at some examples, discuss your requirements and to discover what is possible to make your portrait experience as enjoyable as we can make it. At this stage in the process, payment is usually taken so it doesn't interfere with the portrait session on the day, especially if we're on location.
Clothes are important
- Avoid big logos and patterns on shirts/t-shirts unless they are coming in their favourite football/rugby kit and you want this to be part of the shoot.
- Quite often we remove shoes of younger babies and children as these dominate the picture. As they get older shoes may become part of the outfit, if so we leave them on, but please make sure they are clean and not too bright.
- For location shoots, obviously footwear is a big part of the image, so think of the shoots surroundings i.e. if we're heading to the woods wellies look great.
- Dungarees on young children tend to ride up under a child’s chin especially if they are only sitting.
- Keep the colour and style similar, for example, shades of blues and greys, or all bright bold colours, all in formal wear etc. Remember if you feel comfortable in your chosen outfits that will show you relaxed in the pictures.
Bringing any props
- Toys, teddy bears, hobbies, footballs, musical instruments or favourite books are welcome in the shoot. We take pictures with and without props so we make sure you get a good variety of images. If you can avoid snuggle blankets or items the child carries around with them when they are tired and sleepy, these tend to look quite messy and the child often puts these items up to their faces.